Junior Buyer AJW Group
A bit about us...
The AJW Group is a multi-faceted organisation and a world leading specialist in the supply, exchange, repair and lease of commercial aircraft spare parts. With a focus on quality that permeates every aspect of the business and the customer experience, AJW is justifiably proud of the reputation it has built for providing the resources, in terms of expertise and inventory, which support more than 1000 airlines in 117 countries.
Overview of the role..
- To support the Head of Procurement in accordance with current operational business requirements
- Provide a superior buying service, ensuring as a minimum the right goods and services are bought for the right price at the right time in a timely manner
- Conduct robust supplier expediting activity minimising risk to business delivery
- Develop a basic understanding of AJW’s supplier base and become familiar with key suppliers used to support the function
- Act as a support to the procurement team in the provision of departmental administrative duties
- Manage the translation of a variety of demand signals, into salient supply chain requirements; ensuring that all replenishment activity meets the agreed KPIs at the optimum stocking levels
- Diligently and proactively place purchase orders for demand, based on the optimum outcome and inline with company processes
- Proficiently expedite outstanding purchase orders ensuring that delivery dates are maintained and any risks to delivery are managed proactively
- Own / monitor and proactively manage vendor consignment stocking arrangements, including monthly reconciliations and agreements on invoice values
- Accurately and promptly update a suite of reports as directed by the Head of Procurement
- Assist with pricing of new commercial opportunities, maintaining suppliers pricing records and other contractual information
- Maintain positive relationships with all customers, vendors and stakeholders
- Pro-actively identify efficient ways of working and liaise with the Head of Procurement to implement them
- Resolve any supply chain queries or issues, such as but not limited to; invoice queries / booking in issues and NCR’s
- Attend any internal or external meetings with suppliers and stakeholders as directed
Key skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of raising purchase orders (Quantum and Amos preferable)
- Previous experience of managing stocking models, and coping with a variety of demand signals
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Positive attitude with a strong customer focus
- Self-disciplined and motivated, experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure
- Demonstrates flexibility in moving between tasks, is dedicated to the task and sees it through to completion
- Is reliable, follows direction from managers and respect policies and procedures
- Ability to identify potential areas of difficulty, the causes and proactively provide solutions
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage time effectively
- Capable of effective communication with team members, suppliers and stakeholders
What's in it for you...
- 23-days holiday + buy/sell five days
- Subsidised canteen
- Amazing state of the art offices at Slimfold
- Access to free gym
- Flexible working hours
- Medi scheme option
- Being part of our great family, helping to keep airplanes in the sky!