Solicitor and Data Protection Officer
HelloFresh are on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing startup, but at just five years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
So, if you’re keen to join a dynamic and energetic team on a journey to scale with your out-of-the-box thinking and rigorous problem solving, look no further. We have an exciting opportunity for a Part-time Solicitor to join our growing team.
About the role..
This primarily standalone role would suit a qualified Solicitor looking for a part time role with some flexibility to work around their other commitments. The candidate may already be working in-house, or may be looking for a first in-house role.
This role is the main contact for all day to day business legal queries, with an initial focus on supporting the business in ensuring compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will receive support from our Berlin-based group legal team and will instruct/manage our external legal firm (used for more specialist advice) but will be given the autonomy to manage your workload. There will be lots of involvement in critical company projects as we seek continued growth in a very fast-paced field.
- Ensure HelloFresh understands its contractual commitments and advise on how best to protect and promote HelloFresh’s interests
- Act as Data Protection Officer for the business, mitigating risks associated with data transfer, usage and storage and ensuring that we fulfil our obligations and requirements under UK and EU data protection law in this regard
- Review, draft, amend and approve supplier a variety of commercial contracts
- Be the main contact for most commercial legal queries, provide ongoing legal support to other operational areas of HelloFresh and participate in new initiatives and projects as required
- Consider the impact of legal and regulatory changes on the business, including GDPR
- Handle any disputes and assist the business regarding termination of commercial contracts
What you need..
- A qualified solicitor in the UK with a minimum of 3-5 years broad commercial PQE gained in-house or in a pro-active private practice environment
- Knowledgeable about corporate and contract law and practice
- Well-versed in GDPR, including practical application
- Highly effective at using legal skills to solve problems and identify and implement pragmatic solutions
- In possession of strong legal drafting skills and powers of analysis with excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in written and oral communication with the ability to present complex issues clearly at all levels
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Experienced in influencing and building strong relationships with different types of people at all levels
- Comfortable and effective in taking ownership of and managing your own workload and projects
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free local gym access (after probation)
- Breakfast everyday
- Desk beers every Friday
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fantastic social activities (we once transformed our office into a multilevel, mini golf course!)